Raw Beet Salad by Suzi Fields
- 1/4 Cup Low Fat Sour Cream
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbl Cider Vinegar
- 1 Sm. Bunch beets, 3/4 lb. trimmed
- 1 Fuji Apple
- 2 Tbl Thompsons raisins
- 2 Tbl Raw Hazelnuts
- 1 Tbl Chopped Chives
- Salt and Pepper
1.In small bowl combine sour cream,mustard and vinegar and set aside.
2. Grate beets by hand using 2nd to largest hole on 4 sided grater.
3. Core apple but do not peel, cut into1/2” cubes, add to beets. Add raisins, hazelnuts and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Add sour cream dressing and mix well.
4. Let sit overnight. Serve on a bed of watercress, arugula, lettuce or whatever green you have in the garden. And all organic ingredients