Four Cheese and Kale Pizza by Suzi Fields
- 1 Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- 1 Bunch Kale Chopped(or your favorite green)
- 1 Vidalia Onion Chopped (or sweet onion not yellow onion)
- 3 Cloves Garlic Pressed
- 1 -1/2 Tbl Organic Butter
- 2 Tbl Organic Olive Oil
- 2 Tbl Fresh Basil Chopped
- 2 Cups Mixed Cheeses – Provolone, Mozzarella, Swiss, Cheddar
- 1/2 tsp Organic Season Salt
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbl Course Yellow Corn Meal
1. Put oven rack on lowest setting and preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Make pizza crust ahead of time if you are making your own crust. (If you want to learn how just ask me, it is not hard)
2. Wash kale in a sink of water and tear out midribs. Tear or cut into small pieces. Put in a large pan of boiling water and cook until tender.
3. While the kale is cooking melt butter in a large saute pan and add the onions and garlic. Saute on low to med low until the onions are a translucent color, about 5 minutes.
4. Drain the kale well, but do NOT squeeze out or you will make it too dry. Just let it set in the colander and do its thing. Put the kale mixture into the onion and garlic mixture. Stir in basil. Add season salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spray cookie sheet with organic Pam or olive oil. Sprinkle the cornmeal on cookie sheet to keep it from sticking. Put down your pizza crust and brush with olive oil. Spread the kale mixture on top of the pizza crust, then sprinkle the cheese on top.
6. Bake at 500 degrees F for 8 minutes.
This is a very fast and delicious recipe. An Edible San Marcos member Robin Delia inspired me to make this pizza, She gave me the idea to make it wrapped in bread dough, but I went a different direction. Thanks Robin!
Filed under: Recipes |