Beans and Greens
2 Tbl Olive Oil 1 Lg Potato Cubed into 1/2 to 1 “ pieces
1Lg Chopped Onion Few Sprigs of Chopped Rosemary (Palmful)
Large Bunch of Your Favorite Greens 16 oz Cooked White Beans (Great Northern,
(I like dinosaur kale, chard or beet greens Cannelloni, or Navy)
16 oz Canned Tomatoes 1 Qt Vegetable Broth
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese Meat option: Andouille or Italian Sausage
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add potato and a pinch of salt, cook 4-5 minutes.
Add onions, cook another 3 minutes.
2. Add garlic and rosemary, cook 1-2 minutes. Add greens, cover for 2 minutes. Season
with salt and pepper.
3. Add beans, tomatoes and broth. Add cooked sausage if including meat. Bring to a
boil, reduce heat,cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer.
4. Sprinkle parmesan on top and serve with toasted ciabatta or sourdough bread.
5. Tweak the recipe according to your own taste add more garlic, thyme sage instead of
rosemary or both!
By Leah Gibson