Cucumber and Watermelon Chiller
This Recipe is great with or without the Gin. it is very refreshing and satisfying in the hot summer months.
- 6 cups cubed seeded watermelon, divided
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, sliced, and divided (about 3 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups tonic water, chilled
- 1 1/4 cups Hendrick’s gin
- 1. Combine half each of watermelon, mint, juice, and cucumber in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Line a fine sieve with 2 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over edges; strain watermelon mixture through prepared sieve over a bowl, reserving juice mixture. This will take a while to strain. Gather the edges of the cheesecloth together. Holding cheesecloth over sieve, squeeze to release the remaining juice mixture. Discard solids in compost. Repeat the procedure with the remaining watermelon, mint, juice, and cucumber.
- 2. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight to become well chilled.
- 3. Combine 2 1/2 cups juice mixture, tonic water, and gin, stirring well to combine. (Reserve any remaining juice mixture for another use.) Serve over ice.