The coconut milk in this dish makes it taste super rich and filling. This is one area where you do not want to cut corners, use organic coconut milk as the flavor really makes a difference.
2 medium onions chopped
2 tbl olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic
2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp red curry paste
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
can organic coconut milk
Extra large bunch greens -Kale, collards, broccoli leaves, rapa, any kind of greens
These greens taste wonderful over brown rice
- If you are using kale or collards, pull the midribs from the kale and collards so they are not bitter. Always pick all greens in the morning so they are not bitter. Rinse greens in a bowl of water that way dirt and sand will not end up in your dinner. You can pour the bowl of water on al plant or two!
- Put greens and lemongrass in a pot of water and boil the greens just until tender. DO not over cook.
- While the greens are cooking, saute the onions on medium heat until translucent. Stir in the remainder of the seasonings to the onions while they are cooking.
- Drain greens, remove and discard lemongrass.
- Add greens to the onions as soon as they are translucent. Stir and make sure that all of the water is removed.
- Add the coconut milk and heat on a medium heat just until warmed.