This recipe is a perfect recipe for April as you can get the vegetable straight from your garden or Farmer’s Market.
1 Bunch Asparagus
2 Bunches Spinach
2 Lg Green Onions
4 Green Garlic or 4 cloves Garlic
Large bunch Fava Beans
Small Bunch Cilantro
Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper
2 Cup Arborio Rice
6 Cups Water
4 Tsp Better Than Bulllion Chicken or Vegetable
4 Tbl olive Oil
2 Cups Parmesan Cheese
1. Boil Fava Beans for 3 minutes then drain and cool in ice water. Remove outer shelland set aside.
2. Put 2 Tbl olive oil in skillet and add rice. Stir rice until it just starts to change color. Add water and bullion. Simmer stirring constantly for about 20 minutes.
3. About 5 minutes before rice is done add 2 Tbl oil in a separate skillet heat oil and add remaining vegetables, salt and pepper. Stir vegetables while cooking.
4. When vegetables are almost done toss in fava beans.
5. When rice is done and creamy add cheese to melt it.
6. Serve vegetables over rice.