Naturally Sweet Stir Fry – by Suzi Fields
1 Green Pepper Sliced
1 Yellow Pepper Sliced
1 Red Pepper Sliced
1 Romanesco Tromboncino Squash Sliced(or a delicately sweet firm squash such as a butternut or hubbard)
1 Vidalia Onion Sliced (or sweet onion not yellow onion)
2 Cloves Garlic Chopped
1 -1/2 Tbl Organic Butter
2 Tbl Organic Olive Oil
1 tsp Organic Season Salt
1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
This dish has very sweet undertones from the squash, the peppers and the vidalia onions. The peppers are so juicy that they are refreshing. If you do not have this variety of squash try a butternut, it should still give you that slightly sweet taste. Over all you get a crunch from your peppers and onions that go along with the squash and it leaves you nothing but satisfied.
- Put just enough of the olive oil in the pan to coat the bottom, add the onions half of the season salt and pepper and saute the onions on medium heat until transparent. Put in a covered pan to keep warm. If you have a big enough pan you can cook it all at once.
- Add butter to the pan and the squash and garlic. Sprinkle with the other half of the season salt and pepper. and saute the squash turning over while cooking to keep from browning. It will take about 5 minutes depending on how mature your squash was. I slice mine very thin so it will cook faster.
- Add to the dish with your onions to keep hot.
- Add peppers and saute about 2-3 minutes.
- Put everything back in the saute pan in to stir well and assure it gets very hot. Serve and enjoy.