Recipe of the Month – Herbed Scottish Shortbread
1 Cup Corn Starch
1 Cup Butter Softened
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/8 Cup Cup finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary – 3 sprigs
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, corn starch and rosemary.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer at medium speed, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- At low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Work dough together with hands. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and well blended.
- Press dough into a 12×9 inch rectangle on large baking sheet. Cut into 1×1 inch squares. Pierce each one with fork marks to make designs of trees or diamonds if you desire. Bake at 325 degrees F until firm and golden.
- Cut again all the way through as soon as you remove from the oven. Cool on a cookie sheet. Makes 3 dozen.